LIFE::2014

1 - Life is like a blanket too short.  You pull it up and your toes rebel, you yank it down and shivers meander about your shoulder; but cheerful folks manage to draw their knees up and pass a very comfortable night. - Marion Howard


2 - All my life I had been looking for something, and everywhere I turned someone tried to tell me what it was.  I accepted their answers too, though they were often in contradiction and even self-contradictory.  I was naïve.  I was looking for myself and asking everyone except myself questions which I, and only I, could answer.  It took me a long time and much painful boomeranging of my expectations to achieve a realization everyone else appears to have been born with:  that I am nobody but myself. - Ralph Ellison



3 - Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. - World Health Organization, 1948



4 - Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be. - Thomas à Kempis, Imitation of Christ, c.1420



5 - He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself. - Thomas Paine



6 - One half of knowing what you want is knowing what you must give up before you get it. - Sidney Howard


7 - 


8 - Read this book

AJ Omstead Jr
"Continue in forward motion and we shall meet"

Comments

Popular Posts